'Lil mischief, family fun, and "Parties We Have Held"
After several Cocojitos during a Mom’s Night Out at the Edition (now the Modern) in Waikiki, we decided to make our own. A bunch of us got together and fiddled with a few recipes. This, we decided, was pretty darn close to the original.
• 4 cups ice cubes
• 2 1/2 limes, juice of
• 7 fluid ounces sweetened cream of coconut (such as Coco Lopez®)
• 3 1/2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers white rum (such as Bacardi®)
• 10 sprigs fresh mint leaves
• 2 mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
• 2 lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
Blend the ice, limes, cream of coconut, rum, and mint leaves together in a blender until smooth. Pour into two glasses and garnish each with a mint sprig and lime wedge as desired.