Make fun memories with this simple, festive craft project you and the kids will enjoy. Take a little paint, a blue ornament, some markers and ta-dah! You’ve made a handprint-snowmen ornament.
Your child can create a handmade ornament using a few simple materials. This project is quite easy and could make a cute craft for the classroom. We are making them at home to accompany teacher gifts this year. You’ll love the little personalities that came out of each unique fingerprint.
- Blue ornaments (We found ours at Ben Franklin)
- White acrylic paint (Also found at Ben Franklin)
- Sharpie markers
- Older kids can paint their own hand, but help younger ones brush paint all over their hand.
- Have your child grasp the ornament, and then help press their fingers onto the ornament to apply paint.
- Hang the ornaments to dry.
- Once dry, have your child adorn their snowmen using Sharpie markers.
- Don’t forget to write his or her name and the year on the bottom.
- Add a cute ribbon if you wish and enjoy!
- Before painting their hand, have the kids practice a few times. Have them hold their hand open, palm up. Place the ornament on their palm and have them grasp the ornament gently. Press their fingers gently onto the ornament.
- We hung ours to dry from the pot rack in the kitchen using paper clips.
This cute and easy-to-do Christmas project was inspired by littlebitfunky.com.