Wrapped Signature Ornament
Capture your child’s signature and make it into an ornament to hang for years to come.
Here’s a craft for the older kids. Have them use their very best handwriting to make a unique ornament.
- 12 gauge wire
- Pliers with a cutter
- Baker’s twine or yarn
- Glue gun
- Have your child write his or her name in cursive on a white piece of paper. Younger children may need help.
- Cut a piece of wire longer than you anticipate needing. I used 18-inches for Luca’s name and then cut the excess at the end.
- Lay the wire down on the name and tape as you go. Use the pliers to crimp the wire as needed.
- Snip the wire at the end, but leave enough room to make a loop.
- Attach the end of the yarn to the beginning of the name with a drop of glue from the glue gun.
- Wrap the entire name with the yarn. You will need to unbend the name at points to get the yarn wrapped properly.
- Tie off the yarn at the end and secure with another drop of glue.
- Attach another piece of wire or yarn and hang it as an ornament.
Some letters may need a separate piece of wire, such as this “A.”
Younger kids can make one using the first letter of their name or a simple drawing.
Thanks to craftsunleashed.com for the idea!