Make Your Own Snowmen
This activity is perfect for vacation days in December. Spread a blanket outside and give the kids their own bank of “snow.”
- One 16 oz. box of cornstarch
- 1 can of foaming shaving cream
- Assorted odds and ends to accessorize your snowman, such as sticks, buttons and ribbon.
- Have the kids raid the toy box for materials to decorate their snowman.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornstarch and the shaving cream. The kids will really enjoy doing this part with their hands. Warning: it gets messy.
- Pour the “snow” into a large, shallow box. We used a 9-x-11baking pan that has a lid. This made clean up and storage easy.
Tip: The original source listed two boxes of cornstarch and one can of shaving cream, but we found the mixture easier to use with a one to one ratio.
Thanks to modernparentsmessykids.com for the idea!
Awwww there very sweet