'Lil mischief, family fun, and "Parties We Have Held"
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Create festive, individual piñatas that can be used as decorations, or colorful treat holders for partygoers big and small.
1. Cut tissue paper into 2-inch squares, one for each cardboard tube.
2. Fold a piece in half and cut a small “V” on the folded side, so that when the paper is opened it makes an “X.”
3. Tape this on to one end of the cardboard tube. Use a piece of tape to secure a piece of ribbon to the “X.”
8. On the bottom, cut 4 to 5 slits, leaving about ¼-inch at the top.
9. Unfold this piece and glue it around the bottom of a tube.
10. Choose a different color and repeat steps above.
11. Continue cutting and gluing the tissue paper until the tubes are colored.
12. Use a glue gun to attach a 12-inch piece of ribbon to the top of each tube.
Once you get going, you may find it easier NOT to unfold the tissue paper completely when gluing it on the tube. It may be easier to leave it folded in half, then glue it on.
Alternate the order of the colors for a more eclectic, less uniform look.
Thanks to loveandecupcakesblog.com for the idea and instructions.