We saw images of green Frankenstein desserts on Pinterest and decided to try our own. Since each pudding cup has the equivalent of three crushed Oreos on top, we decided to try and make the “pudding” portion healthier.
- 24 oz vanilla yogurt, Greek is possible
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 frozen bananas
- mint extract
- 3-4 T. Oreo pudding mix (optional)
- 15 Mint Oreos or similar cookies, crushed
Materials for Frankenstein cups:
- Five 8 oz. plastic cups
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Sharpie marker
- Use a glue gun or craft glue to attach googly eyes to the plastic cups. Alternatively, draw eyes on. Add mouths and eyebrows.
- Place half of the yogurt, the bananas, and the spinach in a blender or Cuisinart. Blend until smooth. You may need 1/4 c. of milk to begin the blending process. Once it is smooth, add the rest of the yogurt and blend until mixed. Add a drop or two of mint extract. Add 3-4 T. pudding mix, if using. This will add to the flavor but increase the amount of sugar.
- Pour the yogurt mix into the plastic cups. Let them set in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Crush cookies in a Cuisinart or blender. Once the yogurt mixture had firmed, add a few spoonfuls of crushed cookies to the top.
Do not add too much mint. A drop or two should suffice.
Using Greek yogurt will provide you with a more pudding-like consistency but some kids do not like the tangy taste.
We found these dessert cups at Floradec. They looked like Frankenstein’s jaw.